Chapter 5 - Students
Publication Date: September 24, 2001
Responsible Executive: VP for Student Affairs
5.06 On-Campus Interviewing of UTSA Students for Purposes of Employment
In carrying out its primary function of locating acceptable and appropriate positions for U. T. San Antonio students and alumni, the Office of Career Services will promote professional relationships with representatives of business, industry, government, education and the military services. All firms, agencies, associations, and other organizations that have positions for which they are recruiting and that do not discriminate in recruitment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status or handicap are welcomed on the campus.
The Office of Career Services will undertake the following activities:
- To provide general information to employer representatives regarding curricula, degree requirements, and other academic processes and procedures pertinent to recruitment activities.
- To assist in making arrangements for employer representatives to meet with students, alumni, faculty members and/or administrative staff members to exchange information pertinent to the job placement of students and alumni.
To exchange information (where student provides written authorization for release of information) with employer representatives prior to campus visits concerning appointment schedules, interviewing space and facilities, and candidate qualifications and files.
- To provide interview space for visiting employer representatives.
- To disseminate to students, alumni and staff, pertinent information regarding job facts, employment vacancies and recruitment activities on campus and in the community.
To conduct appropriate research regarding career counseling and job placement.
- To assist students in finding cooperative education, internships, or summer work positions related to their major fields of study to supplement and support their classroom learning experiences. .
The following procedures will be established:
All on-campus interviewing or recruiting will be for the express purpose of securing full or part-time employment for UTSA students and alumni.
All employer representatives wishing to interview or to recruit students or alumni on-campus will contact the Career Services recruitment coordinator prior to these visits to secure authorization for interviewing purposes, for obtaining interviewing space and facilities and to determine interview schedules.
- Upon arrival on campus, all employer representatives will contact the Office of Career Services to obtain the necessary information regarding their scheduled interviewing activities.
- All interviewing activities will follow Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity guidelines and procedures.
Teacher placement will be handled by the Coordinator of the Office of Teacher Advising, Certification and Placement in the College of Education and Human Development.