The sessions in this institute will introduce participants to the AP U.S. Government and Politics course with a combination of "how to" and content. Sessions will range from looking at the scope of the course and how to cover the content, to lessons from past exams.
- Understanding the exam—both the free response and the multiple choice questions
- Teaching the skills and content that the students need to be successful
- Developing strategies and lessons for your class
What to Bring:
- Your textbook
- A copy of your best lesson to share
- Tuesday: The Exam — current and past free response questions and multiple choice questions
- Wednesday: The curriculum — we will begin to examine the curriculum and discuss strategies for teaching it
- Thursday: The curriculum and resources
- Friday: The curriculum and strategies
Jenny Esler graduated from The University of Texas at Austin. She has taught in the Round Rock Independent School District for 30 years, 26 at Round Rock High School. Jenny has extensive experience in the AP U.S. Government and Politics curriculum: she has taught the course for 22 years and been a reader or grader for the national exam for 17 years and served as a member of the AP Government & Politics Test Development Committee.
Please note that registration for AP Summer Institute 2014 has closed. Please send us an email at APSI@utsa.edu if you have any questions or concerns. We are working on the Welcome Letter for enrolled participants, and it will be sent via email soon.
Have any questions?