Quick links to test prep workshops:
About Our Workshops
Registration is available online only. We urge interested participants to register early due to limited seats available in each workshop. Registrations are on a first-come-first-served basis. We are not able to "hold a seat" in any workshop. Our normal attendance roster will have no less than 10 students and no more than 25 students. Exceptions to attendance size will be made on a case-by-case basis and at the discretion of workshop instructor. Prior to the first day of the workshops, you will receive via email logistical instructions, to include workshop location (building and room number), parking instructions and a campus maps. Texts and any other printed materials will be distributed on first day of workshops.
- We offer discounts to UTSA students, UTSA Staff/Faculty and their immediate families, Active Alumni Association Members and their immediate families, active military and their immediate families. When you check in for your pre-diagnostic test, you will be required to provide proof by identification or paperwork to recieve the discount.
- The cost of the course includes a workbook and text book you will recieve during your first workshop session. You will recieve over 21 hours of instruction on powerful test-taking techniques. You will also learn from previous exam materials and questions. Please see your preferred workshop page for more information.
- You will take two full-length practice tests to measure your results: a pre-diagnostic on the first workshop (this applies to longer workshop sessions).
Free practice GMAT & GRE Exams at the Graduate School
We partner with the Graduate School to offer free practice exams. Please visit the Graduate School Event Calendar to find our next practice exam, and sign up online.
Test Prep Workshop Fees
Registration fee: Registration fees must be paid in full at the time of registration. The online registration process currently accepts only credit card payments (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover).
Parking Permits: A parking permit is required to park on any UTSA campus parking lot. If you do not have a current UTSA parking permit, we strongly encourage you to purchase parking permits when you register (one parking permit per workshop session). If you choose not to purchase parking permits, you will need to park in a Visitor Parking slot for each workshop session at $1.75/hour, or or visitor garage parking at $2.00/hour. For more information on visitor parking, please refer to Business Auxillary Services.
Test Prep Workshop Cancellations and Changes
Workshops are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not attained. Extended Education reserves the right to cancel low-enrollment workshops when necessary, as well as change time, dates and locations of workshop offerings. If a workshop is cancelled, or changed, every effort will be made to notify students by phone and/or email prior to the first session. For cancelled workshops, a full refund will be granted or participant may request to be transferred to another workshop on a space–available basis.
Workshop Refunds & Forfeitures
If withdrawing from a workshop is necessary, Extended Education must recieve a written request prior to noon on the last business day before the workshop begins in order to recieve any refund. If you cannot notify us by this time, you will not be eligible for a refund. An email to email@example.com will be sufficient enough to satisfy a written request.
Refunds will only be processed towards the credit card used for registration. We do not give refunds in the form of a check.
In order to receive a full refund minus the $10 processing fee, you must request to withdraw from the workshop seven days before the workshop begins (two Fridays before the Saturday Pre-Diagnostic date). If you request to withdraw from the workshop within seven days before the first workshop session, you will only be eligible for a 75% refund.
All workshop withdrawals are subject to a $10 processing fee. No refunds will be issued after this time, or after workshops have started.
15% Discounts for Military, Student, Faculty/Staff and More
Registered participants are eligible to receive a 15% discount provided the following items are satisfied and the Office of Extended Education has received the results within three months of completing the workshop:
Current UTSA students
UTSA staff/faculty and their immediate families
Active members of the UTSA Alumni Association
$50 Rebate Available for GMAT, GRE & LSAT Participants
Registered participants are eligible to receive a $50 rebate provided the following items are satisfied and the Office of Extended Education has received the results within three months of completing the workshop:
Workshop pre-diagnostic AND post-diagnostic tests results (make-up dates may be arranged with your class instructor)
Submission of a copy of the OFFICIAL test score result
If you are not satisifed with your official test score, we will let you retake the workshop upon certain considerations, and only if workshop space is available:
1. You will need to provide your pre-diagnostic and post-diagnostic test scores during the workshop.
2. You will need to provide proof of your official test score.
3. The first session of the workshop to be retaken must be within eight months of your last workshop date.
4. You may have to purchase new notebooks, workbooks, etc.; depending on what has changed in the workshop materials. If you need additional parking passes, you will need to purchase them.
Which Test Would You Like Prep For?