UTSA >> Student Life >> Events Management >>FAQ >> FAQ Page 5

FAQ Page 5

What is required for events with food?
A Food Service Release Form is required for all events with food.Anytime an event is advertised to the public and food will be present, a permit must be obtained from the San Antonio Metro Health Department. If distributing food outside, please refer to the Food Solicitation Restricted Areas Map for locations near contracted food establishments. To order on-campus catering, visit http://www.utsa.campusdish.com/ or call (210) 458-7682.

How do I cancel my event?
To cancel an event, email EMCSevents@utsa.edu with the reservation reference number in the subject line no later two business days (minimum of 48 hours) before the scheduled event to avoid a cancellation fee. For events in the UC Ballroom or Denman, cancellation requests must be made four weeks prior to your event. The cost of the reserved space and equipment will be applied to all late cancellations. If an organization fails to cancel a reservation and is a “no show”, the same fees will be applied. Due to space limitations, violations of this policy may result in the loss of reservation privileges for the requesting organization.

How do I give directions and parking for my event?
The parking garage located directly south of the UC charges an hourly rate. A flat rate for some parking lots may be charged for large special events. Special accommodations or alternative billing solutions may be arranged by EMCS staff who will assist in coordinating your event parking needs with the Parking & Transportation Services. Visit the UTSA visitors website for driviing directions.

Can I have a wedding at the University Center?
The University Center has been designated as a special use facility and can host a variety of events such as weddings, receptions, banquests, receptions, proms and Quinceañeras. For more information, visit our website at www.utsa.edu/events. To schedule an appointment with an event coordinator or to tour our facilities, please contact EMCS at (210) 458-4155. For more policy information:
Special Use Facilities: http://www.utsystem.edu/BOR/rules/80000Series/80106.pdf
Use of Facilities for Weddings: http://www.utsystem.edu/BOR/rules/80000Series/80108.pdf


Back 5 of 5