The earliest any funds will be disbursed to your student account is 10 days prior to the start of each semester. Funds will not be disbursed to your account until you have accepted your award and you have a complete financial aid file. Provided files are complete and there are no outstanding holds or requirements, funds are disbursed as follows:
- Federal PELL Grant, Federal SEOG Grant, TPEG Grant and Institutional Grants (such as UTSA Grant) - automatic disbursement begins 10 days prior the start of each semester.
- TEXAS Excellence/State Grants - automatic disbursement for the fall term will begin after September 1st. Disbursement for the spring term will begin 10 days prior to the start of the semester.
- TEACH Grant - disburses on Census Date of the term (see Academic Calendar for Census Date)
- Stafford Loans - Disbursement begins 10 days prior to the start of each semester. Stafford Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note must be complete before disbursements will be issued for student loans.
- B-on-Time Loan - will begin disbursements for the fall semester after September 1st. Funds are electronically applied to your student account after receipt from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). THECB only releases loan funds after the student has completed and returned the B-on-Time Promissory Note to the Coordinating Board. Spring disbursement should take place 10 days prior to the start of the spring term.
- College Access Loans (CAL) -will begin disbursement for the fall semester after September 1st. You will be notified once the funds have been disbursed to your student account.
- Perkins Loan - automatic disbursement begins 10 days prior to the start of each semester if you have completed the Perkins Promissory Note and Perkins Entrance Counseling.
- Alternative Loans - automatic disbursement begins 10 days prior the start of each semester if you have completed the 3 disclosures to the borrower regarding their loan application, approval and acceptance status.
- Scholarships - automatic disbursement begins 10 days prior to the start of classes unless otherwise stipulated by the donor or department. Some outside agency scholarships, such as San Antonio Education Partnership (SAEP), disburse after Census Date.
- Stipends - Stipends do not automatically disburse to your student account. Payments are paid by the individual departments giving the stipends and issued every two weeks through Fiscal Services.
- Work-study is paid based on hours worked on the 1st and 15th of every month