H-E-B would like to introduce UTSA Roadrunner fans to the 'H-E-B Tailgater of the Game' contest taking place prior to each UTSA home Football game. If you want to be a part of history by winning Tailgater of the Game, decorate your tailgate, show team spirit, and utilize H-E-B products in a creative way! The 'H-E-B Tailgate Crew' of judges, including a celebrity guest judge, will be touring Lots B & C of the Alamodome’s tailgate area prior to each home football game looking for the craziest, proudest and most creative Roadrunner fans. It's time to accept this challenge Roadrunner fans, and build a new a tradition at UTSA as the greatest pre-game tailgate party in Texas!
2012 UTSA Tailgater of the Year - The Rowdy Runners
Hey Roadrunner fans! On behalf of H-E-B and UTSA Athletics, we would like to congratulate the 2012 UTSA Tailgater of the Year, and a winner of a $1,000 H-E-B Gift Card, The Rowdy Runners, and thank everyone who came out and tailgated this year. We can't wait to see what great ideas you will come up with for next season! Be sure to check out www.heb.com/tailgate to find out more details about the Tailgater of the Year competition and as always... GO RUNNERS!
Tailgate winners will be recognized in the following ways:
- Announcement on the loudspeaker and live in-game acknowledgement on the Alamodome videoboard on gameday.
- Photo on UTSA Football’s official Game Day website
- H-E-B gift card and prizes
- First place winner from all home games will participate in the “Tailgater of the Year” contest during UTSA’s last home game.
- Winners return for the chance to win a $1,000 H-E-B gift card, on-field recognition, and the official bragging rights as “UTSA Tailgater of the Year” for 2012!
Roadrunner Tailgaters will want to:
- Shop at H-E-B and proudly display your favorite H-E-B merchandise at your Roadrunner football tailgate area
- Develop unique and inventive ways to use H-E-B products
- Collect and exhibit H-E-B product signage
- Incorporate and display Roadrunner pride
- Decorate vehicle and/or tailgate area with a creative theme that incorporates H-E-B and Roadrunner pride
- Create a unique tailgating team name
- Utilize and present H-E-B products (i.e., H-E-B fully cooked burgers, H-E-B tortilla chips, H-E-B sodas)
- Offer sampling of your H-E-B products to Roadrunner fans and tailgaters
- Fan interaction (mini football game or a game of horseshoes, etc.)