Doyle/Lazor Scholarship - Student Teaching
This scholarship is available to a GE²MS student completing student teaching during the 2014-2015 academic school year. Wishing to support the teaching of mathematics and science, Denise Doyle and Joseph Lazor have generously provided funding for this scholarship.
- GE²MS student seeking certification in grades 8-12 mathematics or science and engaged in student teaching during the 2014-2015 academic school year.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Complete application form that can be downloaded from this page.
- Write a 250 to 500 word essay (typed, 12 pt.) describing your preparation for teaching to date and what you hope to learn from your student teaching experience. Attach the essay to your application.
- Request a reference form from two of your professors; one from a mathematics or science professor and one from an education professor. Provide each professor with an envelope in which to place the completed reference form. Submit the two references with your application.
Additional Information and Deadlines:
- Contact Debi Weissling at (210) 458-6280 or Carey.firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Application and reference forms are available from the GE²MS Teaching Program Office or on our website at http://utsa.edu/gems/
- Deadline: March 28, 2014, 5:00 p.m.
- Return completed application, essay and references to:
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249