Employee Benefits News Archive - 2013
Annual Enrollment for Plan Year 2014-2015
Annual Enrollment (AE) is the period when you can change your employer group insurance benefit elections and add, update or remove dependents from coverage. The period to update your changes is July 15 to July 31.
- November 15, 2013: UT FLEX Grace Period and Claim Filing Deadline [Read more]
October 29, 30, & 31, 2013: The flu vaccination is fully covered by your UT SELECT benefits. For more info on Flu Shot Clinics at UTSA, visit http://wellness.utsa.edu/
- October 2013: Would you like to lose weight, gain strength, or just feel better? As a member of the UT SELECT medical plan, you and your dependents receive access to free online nutrition tools and resources to help you reach your goals. View video
- October 26th 2013: National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day. Enter your ZIP code to find your nearest collection site.
- September 2013: Help to keep your child safe in the car by choosing the right car seat and installing it properly. Visit SaferCar.gov to find out which type of restraint is appropriate for your child, based on his/her age and size.
- April 2-4, 2013: UTSA is hosting the 2nd annual Rowdy Wellness Week during National Public Health Week. Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to learn about the importance of early detection, research and innovation, health maintenance, stress reduction and staying fit. To learn more, please visit http://utsa.edu/recreation/wellnessweek.pdf
- March 1, 2013: The Dallas Region of the Social Security Administration will be hosting a webinar, Social Security: Approaching Retirement on Friday, March 1, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. Click Here to View the Webinar!
- February 2013: San Antonio is one of six finalist cities bidding to host the 2016 U.S. Olympic Trials for Swimming, and San Antonio Sports needs your help to convince USA Swimming officials that San Antonio is the right host. Just imagine cheering on the best swimmers in the nation as they vie for a spot on the 2016 U.S. Olympic Team in our Alamodome.
- January 2013: SA Metro Health releases statement regarding influenza vaccines…[read more] Flu shots & nasal flu mist are 100% covered under UT Select medical plan. [Read more] [News Release]
January 2013 - EAP On-Site Winter Holidays office hours:
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) office at the Main Campus and the Downtown Campus will be closed during the UTSA Winter Holidays (December 25th, December 27th, January 1st and January 3rd).
However, Deer Oaks will continue to offer services off site, online and by telephone. For assistance during the holidays, we encourage you to contact Deer Oaks (EAP Provider) at (210) 615-8880 or 1-866-327-2400 or visit their website at www.deeroaks.com.
Regular EAP on-site counseling services will resume on Tuesday, January 8, 2013.
Updated: August 1, 2014