To better serve the University community, the Employee Relations Office is available to provide the following services:
- Provide policy and procedural interpretation and administration
- Provide advice on how to manage performance and conduct issues
- Advise departments on administering Corrective Action and the Progressive Disciplinary process
- Review all proposed actions, including written reprimands, demotions, suspensions or terminations before they are administered
- Provide assistance and advice on the Grievance and Appeal process
- Assist departments to develop and administer performance standards, performance evaluations and development plans
- Provide Supervisory Skills training and on-site specialized training upon request - Training & Development
- Review waiver requests for job transfers during an employee's probationary period - Promotion/Transfer Policy
- Coordinate and respond to Texas Workforce Commission Unemployment Compensation Claims
- Assist in resolving conflict between parties through facilitated discussions and mediation
Employees, supervisors and applicants can obtain information concerning disabilities and accommodation by reading the University's procedures for Disability Accommodation for Applicants and Employees.
If you have any questions or if we can be of assistance, please feel free to call us at 458-7891, or e-mail requests for information or concerns to: Stacey.Blum@utsa.edu.
Updated: August 27, 2012