Day O.N.E. @ UTSA - Orientation for New Employees
FAQ’s for Faculty Supervisors
- How do I schedule a New Benefits Eligible Faculty member for Day O.N.E. @ UTSA?
Tenure and tenure-track faculty will be scheduled for orientation through the Vice Provost for Academic and Faculty Support.
Non-tenure track faculty will need to have an assignment created in HRMS. Contact Day O.N.E. staff by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call extension 4648. Day O.N.E staff will need the email address and telephone number for the faculty member.
- Who creates the HRMS assignment?
All faculty assignments are created by their department.
- What are the orientation dates?
- What is a benefits eligible employee?
An employee who is hired to work at least 20 hours per week for 4 ½ months or longer (135 days) and who has competitively bid on the position for which they were hired.
- How long is orientation?
Orientation is approximately 2-4 hours, depending on the size of the class. Once the faculty member has attended the briefing, signed up for benefits, and received their necessary resources (e.g. ID card, parking pass) they are free to leave.
- Do Part-Time Non-Tenure Track faculty members, who are not accepting benefits, need to attend orientation?
No, but the faculty member will need to submit the required paperwork to Human Resources.
- What is the agenda for Orientation?
Updated: July 19, 2011