- 2013 UTSA Employee Assistant Chat Topics
Every month, you are invited to participate online at deeroaks.com
in a live, topical chat with a Deer Oaks Counselor.
- June 1, 2013: UTSA to transition to tobacco-free status.
- May 15, 2013: HOP Chapter 4.27, State Compensatory Time Update. [read more]
- May 3, 2013: Parking Permit Information
If you use payroll deduction to pay for your parking permit.. [read more]
- May 15, 2013: HOP Chapter 4.27, State Compensatory Time Update.
In a continuous effort to coordinate current policies with the implementation of UT Share (PeopleSoft tools), the Human Resource Department has updated the Handbook of Operating Procedures, chapter 4.27, State Compensatory Time. Specifically, the requirement restricting the use of state compensatory time to 20 hours per calendar month has been removed (section B, Non Holiday State Compensatory Rules, section 2, Usage Rules). The updated policy no longer sets a limit to the number of state compensatory hours that may be used per calendar month.
As a reminder:
- Before any classified employee works in excess of their regularly scheduled hours, he/she must receive approval from their supervisor.
- State compensatory time must be used within twelve (12) months following the end of the workweek in which it was earned or it lapses.
- Before an employee uses state compensatory time, approval must be granted by his/her supervisor.
- All state compensatory time earned must be recorded in DEFINE in accordance to University policy and state law.
For more details on state compensatory time, please refer to HOP 4.27 State Compensatory Time. For questions regarding this policy, please contact the Leave Management Department at 458-7874 or the Employee Relations Department at 458-7891.
- May 13, 2013: Revised Employee Separation Checklist
The Employee Separation Processing Checklist has been revised to include disabling all 3rd party system accesses on or before employees last day of employment at UTSA. Please destroy any previous copies you may have. You can access the revised form on the HR forms webpage.
- May 3, 2013: FMLA Parking Permit Information
If you use payroll deduction to pay for your parking permit, the monthly deduction from your paycheck will continue during your leave, unless you return your permit to the Business Auxiliary Services Parking office prior to beginning your approved leave. Once you return to work, you will need to purchase a new permit for use through ASAP.
If you do not return your permit prior to beginning your approved leave, parking permit fees continue to accrue even if you are on a leave of absence without pay. Upon your return to work, the total unpaid fees will be deducted from your next paycheck unless the above arrangements are made through the Parking Office. Payroll deductions are charged in whole month amounts, not prorated, regardless of date returned or purchased. For more information, please contact the Parking office at 210.458.7275.
- April 23, 2013: Employment Verification Form (I-9) version date March 8, 2013
Effective May 7, 2013, I-9 forms dated prior to the NEW March 8th, 2013 revision will not be accepted at UTSA Human Resources.
Please visit the HR forms web page to access all HR forms to ensure that you are using the most current version.
- April 1, 2013: New PIN Requirement & Debit Card Activation for UT Flex. [read more]
- February 2013: The Office of Employee Benefits has teamed up with Provant Health Solutions, an independent health and wellness company, to provide the new health platform to UT SELECT Medical plan members. Read Announcement