The Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
Bridge to the Doctorate Program (LSAMP-BD)
The Bridge to the Doctorate Program (B2D), supported by an initiative of the National Science Foundation, provides former LSAMP baccalaureate degree participants* or students from undergraduate institutions with an LSAMP program, with training and fellowships for the first two years of doctoral studies at UT San Antonio, or for two year's of Master's training.. The B2D program employs sustained and comprehensive approaches that support and develop trainees and provides them with strong foundations for their future. The goal of the B2D program is to increase the number of underrepresented students who obtain Ph.D. degrees in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field and pursue a career in these fields.
UTSA is currently training a complete cohort of students. We will accept applications for any positions that may come open if a student leaves the program, but will not be formally reviewing applications until this takes place.
The program offers:
- A ($30,000) Stipend to Cover Living Expenses
- Full Graduate Tuition and Fees
- Faculty Mentoring
- Personal and Professional Development Training
- Conference and Research Travel Opportunities
- Seminars and Workshops
- Graduate and Professional Student Associations
- A Diverse and Interactive Community
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must have participated in an LSAMP program or have gone to an undergraduate institution that has an LSAMP program (If you were an LSAMP student, please provide documentation).
- Must be a first time (first year, incoming) doctoral student or MS student with two year's of training remaining.
- Must be in one of the participating UTSA departments/programs:
- Biology - Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biology - Neurobiology
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Must have a firm commitment to complete a doctoral degree
* Please contact Dr. Gail Taylor (Gail.Taylor@utsa.edu) regarding your level of participation, particularly concerning whether your undergraduate institution had an LSAMP program.