MBRS-RISE, MARC-U*STAR, and WSRTP trainees are expected to take the next steps in their educational path either immediately or within a year or so of graduation. Generally, those who fully participate in the programs for two or more years have sufficient training/background that they can enter doctoral programs directly. Below, we have included a listing of Ph.D. programs with which the UTSA program has worked closely in the past, several combined Government / Institutional PhD programs, as well as several other listings of programs available. We have also provided guides to various ratings of these programs, although nothing is better than your research mentor's input and visits to the campuses. We have also included links to a number of MD/PhD programs.
Those who have an insufficient GPA might choose to enter a Master's program to build a graduate GPA, and those who wish to obtain additional research experience can do the same, or pursue postbaccalaureate training in a Postbacc Program. The advantage of Postbacc programs is that they 1) pay the students to do research, and 2) are designed to prepare a student for the doctorate and provide professional development activities and often GRE Prep. Quite a few schools offer postbacc training; we have included the list below. In addition, we are listing the programs that our former students have attended, and received comments from them, below.
Other "Friend" Programs
Government/Institutional or Private/Institutional PhD programs
Individual PhD programs that send solicitations to us
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Graduate School - Graduate School
Online Lists of PhD Programs and Ranking Websites
- Carnegie Website Listings - Universities awarding grad degrees (Most degrees under CompDoc/MedVet). THIS IS A RESPECTED SITE - not a money-making site.
- GradSchools.com - Graduate School Directory
- Graduate Guide.com - Graduate School Directory
- Pathways to Science - Graduate School Directory
- PhDs.org - Graduate School Directory
- Princeton Review - Graduate School Directory
- GraduatePrograms.com - Student Rankings
- Times World University Rankings - School Rankings
- U.S. News Rankings - School Rankings
- Case Western Reserve - Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP)
- National Institutes of Health - Postbaccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (IRTA/CRTA)
- UTMB Galveston - Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP)
- University of Michigan - Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP)
- University of Washington & Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center - Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP)
- Washington University - Extensive Study Program
Compiled Listings of Postbacc Programs