The San Antonio Mentoring Forum (SAMF) serves as an informal organization for mentoring organizations and advocates. It is a place to share mentoring information, promote mentoring awareness, learn of mentoring best-practices and foster collaboration in the mentoring community. The forum focuses on one-to-one mentoring for youth in the Bexar County area.
In an effort to continue to serve and assist San Antonio and the Greater Bexar County area with mentoring initiatives, the San Antonio Mentoring Forum has made it it's mission:
- To serve as a hosting agent for local mentoring organizations and agencies;
- To expand mentoring opportunities, events, and professional development within the Bexar County community;
- To build partnerships with local organizations, agencies and mentoring advocates to provide greater access to youth in Bexar County;
- To provide professional development opportunities for the San Antonio and the Greater Bexar County area mentoring community;
- To support research on mentoring issues;
- To establish collaborative opportunities for organizations/entities to continue to serve the community via mentoring projects and activities which will benefit area youth;
- To recognize and support area mentoring organizations and individuals via an "Annual Mentor Recognition Luncheon" and" Mentoring Scholarship"; and
- To foster communication in the mentoring community via this web portal.