Freshman | Summer Orientation After You Attend Orientation
- Purchase your books for your next semester, visit the University Bookstore (210-458-4220)
- Complete AlcoholEdu Parts I and II
- Request your Parking Permit on ASAP or visit Parking for more details.
- Check Your UTSA e-mail account
- Log into Blackboard Learn
- Pay Tuition and Fees
- Sign your family up for the Family Association
- One week prior to classes starting, reprint your class schedule in ASAP for room numbers and instructor names
- Print a campus map so you can find your buildings
- Attend your first day of classes at UTSA
Tips for Your First Semester
- Get academic support (i.e. tutoring, etc) → Tómas Rivera Center
- Get involved on-campus → Student Activities
- Stay healthy with Campus Rec
- Attend and support UTSA athletic events
- Make an appointment and meet with your advisor to discuss your Fall courses—TRC or CFAC
- Register for your Fall courses—View your registration dates
- Prepare for your Summer final exams—View your final exam schedule
Student Health Services | 210-458-4142
All UTSA freshmen are mandated to complete the AlcoholEdu online alcohol education course. The course will become available before the start of your entering term (fall, spring or summer). Students must pass the exam with a 75% or higher.
Part I should be completed before you begin classes for your entering term. Please note that Part I will take approximately 3 hours to complete, but does NOT need to be completed all at once.
Part II will be available 45 days after your completion of Part I of the course.
If students incur a hold on their account for non-compliance, they will not be able to view their grades at the end of the semester. The hold will not affect registration or financial aid awards.