Transfer | Summer Orientation What to Expect at Orientation
- Held at the Main Campus
- One-Day Program – 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Designed to introduce new transfer students to academic policies and student services unique to UTSA and introduce them to the UTSA community
- Receive a tour of the campus
- Meet with faculty and staff
- Take care of university business
- Receive an individual appointment with an academic advisor, to prepare for course registration.
- Show your SPIRIT by wearing your UTSA gear – hats, t-shirts, pants, backpacks – show them off
Directions and Parking
Driving Directions from Downtown San Antonio
- From I-10 West & UTSA Blvd
- Exit UTSA Blvd from I-10 West
- Turn left on UTSA Blvd
- Turn right onto campus on Edward Ximenes Drive
- Turn left at the first stop sign (George Brackenridge Rd)
- Parking Lot BK1 will be on your right and left near the Convocation
- Park in any unmarked parking space located in Brackenridge Rd Lot 1 (BK1), formerly Lot 5
A temporary orientation parking permit is required and must be displayed to park on campus during orientation. Below is more information on parking for orientation:
- The temporary permit can be found in your confirmation letter after you register in ASAP
- Follow all parking policies listed on this permit. Failure to do so will result in a parking citation
- The temporary permit will be marked with the dates that the permit is valid
- The temporary permit is good for unmarked spaces only in the designated parking lot listed [ex: Brackenridge Rd Lot 1, BK 1 (formerly Lot 5)]
- DO NOT park in Faculty/Staff or 24 HR RESERVED spaces
- DO NOT park in fire lanes, reserved spaces, service areas, loading zones, University Vehicle spaces or restricted areas
- The permit must be visible on your dashboard at all times to avoid receiving a citation
- Pay-by the hour parking is available in the Bosque Street Garage (located on the opposite / south side of campus)
Any vehicle parked in violation of UTSA parking regulations will be cited. If you receive a citation at orientation, you will need to file an appeal with UTSA Parking and Transportation.
Meals and Suggested Accommodations
On-campus orientation housing is not available for the transfer student programs. However, there are several hotels in close proximity to the UTSA Main Campus with special rates for UTSA students, families and guests.
Meals at Orientation
Orientation participants will be given a meal card at check-in. This meal card is preloaded with money for your meals and will be used at a variety of dining venues on campus.
Family and Guests
Family and guests that wish to attend the Family Orientation program need their student to register them in advance. Family Orientation is a separate program for guests that runs concurrently with Transfer Roundup (new student orientation). Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For more on the program, visit the Summer Family Orientation page (link: to OFP spring family page)
The Student Orientation program is a closed program for pre-registered new students only. No guests are permitted into the Student Orientation program.