STAFF COUNCIL ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP
Each year, Staff Council raises money through events such as the annual Strikes for Scholrships night of bowling and water sales at commencement ceremonies in the spring to generate scholarship funds for the staff community at UTSA interested in furthering their education.
ALL benefits–eligible Classified, Administrative & Professional employees who are enrolled in at least 3 hours of coursework are encouraged to apply for the Staff Council Annual Scholarship by February 15th (of every year) via the general scholarship application.
Award: Two $500 for undergraduate level & two $500 for graduate level
- Must be degree seeking "benefits-eligible" in accordance with university policy and either a classified or administrative & professional staff employee at UTSA
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must enroll for a minimum of 3 credit hours
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must supply a one–page, typed biographical essay describing obstacles or challenges faced in obtaining a higher education. ASAP will not accept your application without the essay being pasted into the essay box that appears for any scholarship that requires an essay.
- Include personal and/or professional goals and the role of the scholarship in obtaining these goals. Also include any contributions made to UTSA and other information that will help the committee make an informed decision.
The 2013-14 General Scholarship Application is available for current enrolled students thru ASAP under the Financial Aid tab.
(The Scholarship Office MUST RECEIVE your application through ASAP by Friday February 15th, 2011.)
Note: You must use COUN as the four letter code identifying the Staff Council Annual Scholarship for which you are applying for. The UTSA General Scholarship Application is in pdf format.
Please visit the UTSA Scholarship Office website for other scholarship opportunities that UTSA has to offer.