UTSA General Scholarship Application
For Continuing Undergraduate & Graduate Students Only!
First-time freshmen and transfer students MUST apply for scholarships at www.applytexas.org
Deadline: Feb. 15
The General Scholarship Application for Continuing UTSA Students and Graduate Students is now an electronic process. You will complete the application thru ASAP.
- You can save the form and return to it later for additional changes, however once you submit your application you cannot go back and make changes..
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Double check that all the information is correct and complete BEFORE clicking the submit button. There will be no second chance and no warning about typos once the “submit” button has been clicked. The only warning that will appear after the “submit” button is clicked will be for required fields left blank.
Scholarships are based on
- academics only
- need and academics
- special eligibility requirements
Special eligibility scholarships that require a separate application:
- Betty Murray Halff
- El Patronato De La Cultura HispanoAmericana
- UTSA Joint Admission Agreement (formerly Two + Two)
- Ken and Ada Muller
- Rising Roadrunner (obtain from New Student Admissions Office)
- Rising Star (obtain from New Student Admissions Office)
- Phi Theta Kappa (obtain from New Student Admissions Office)
NOTE: If you want to be considered for other general scholarships in addition to the above, you must complete a General Scholarship Application.
Graduate students are encouraged to contact the Office of Graduate Studies and their academic departments for information on graduate fellowships, internships, research and teaching assistantships.
All departments and colleges offer a variety of scholarships. While most departments have a February 15 deadline, there are others with varying deadlines. Contact your college or department for details and application procedures
The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is required for all need-based scholarships. A majority of General Scholarships are based on a combination of academics and need. In order to determine financial need a FAFSA is required to be completed by the priority deadline of March 15. The FAFSA can be filed electronically at www.fafsa.ed.gov