Awards and Recognition Team
Each year the Student Affairs Awards and Recognition Team is charged with planning and coordinating the Annual Awards Ceremony.
The Awards & Recognition Team will be hosting the Student Affairs Award Ceremony on Thursday, May 16th, 2013, from 3:00 – 5:00pm, in the UC Ballroom. Nomination forms are now available and are due by 5 pm on Friday, April 12th, 2013. Review each award carefully and follow the directions on the nomination form. For any questions regarding the nomination process, please email Jared Jones or Tiffani Hoot. On behalf of the Awards & Recognition Team, we hope to see in May at the Award Ceremony and reminisce what a wonderful year it has been so far.
Outstanding Student Employee Award
Download the Outstanding Student Employee Award Form
The Outstanding Student Employee Award is presented to an undergraduate or graduate student employee who meets the following criteria:
- Has demonstrated success in his or her student or departmental employment either through longevity or improved work performance.
- Reflects a professional and positive attitude and displays strong customer service skills (i.e., punctuality, appearance, attendance, customer friendliness).
Outstanding Support Staff Award
Download the Outstanding Support Staff Award Form
The Outstanding Support Staff Award is presented to a Student Affairs staff member who portrays a collaborative and dedicated approach to promote the university’s and division’s mission and is essential to the success of the department or office.
Outstanding Student Affairs Team Award
Download the Outstanding Student Affairs Team Award Form
The Outstanding Student Affairs Team Award is presented to a unit or area that has exceeded normal job duties to offer the best customer and/or programming (technical) services to its constituents.
Transformational Student Affairs Leadership Award
Download the Transformational Student Affairs Leadership Award Form
The Transformational Student Affairs Leadership Award is presented to a staff member who transforms our students into the leaders of our community and beyond. The staff member exemplifies the leadership example we nurture our students to become.
Outstanding Student Affairs Supervisory Leadership Award
Download the Outstanding Student Affairs Supervisory Award Form
This award goes to an individual whose leadership has directly impacted divisional/departmental development through their supervisory style. This award is given to an individual in a supervisory capacity. It is designed to acknowledge the leadership/guidance of a Supervisor/Manager serving as a catalyst for his or her staff to directly contribute to better serve the UTSA community.
- Leadership and management style contributing to the office/department or division goals or mission.
- Measurable changes/accomplishments your office or department has achieved as a result of the nominee’s leadership (e.g. profit margin increase, programs being implemented, changes made, etc…)
- Track record for accepting responsibility at all levels (administrative, support, customer service, etc…)
- Established rapport with all subordinates
- Professional demeanor
- Collaborative, positive attitude
- Invested in their role ultimately making UTSA a top tier university…investment in the mission.
Outstanding New Professional Staff Member Award
Download the Outstanding New Professional Staff Award Form
The Outstanding New Professional Staff Member Award is presented to a Student Affairs staff member who has been employed for less than three years in the Student Affairs profession. Additionally, the recipient shall meet the following criteria and cannot be self-nominated:
- Performs all aspects of his or her job in an exemplary manner.
- Promotes and maintains a professional manner and dresses appropriately for his or her position.
- Provides the highest level of service to Student Affairs and the university and willingly goes the extra mile.
- Demonstrates strong, progressive leadership and accepts responsibilities with a positive attitude.
If you're interested in joining the Awards and Recognition Team or have any questions or comments, please email:
- Jones, Jared
- Hoot, Tiffani
- Betancourt-Martinez, Evelyn
- Dominguez, Cristina
- Mabrie, Pesha
- Schwartz, Jana