UTSA adjusts operations because of Hurricane Rita
(Sept. 23, 2005)--Because Hurricane Rita will make landfall along the Texas coast on Saturday morning, UTSA weekend operations are as follows:
- All Friday and weekend classes will be conducted as scheduled, and facilities will remain open.
- Computers labs at the 1604 and Downtown campuses will observe regular weekend hours. For more information, go to http://www.utsa.edu/scs.
- The UTSA Library at the 1604 and Downtown campuses will observe regular weekend hours. For more information, go to http://lib.utsa.edu.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
- Campus Recreation (1604 and Downtown campuses) will be open during regular operating hours. For more information, go to http://www.utsa.edu/recreation.
- The University Center, 1604 Campus, will close at 5 p.m., Friday and open at 1 p.m., Sunday.
- Effective 5 p.m., Sept. 23 and through end-of-day Sunday, Sept. 25, ACT and other non-class testing services, special events and programs at The University of Texas at San Antonio 1604 and Downtown campuses will be canceled.
- The Institute of Texan Cultures will be closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- EXCEPTION: The Actors from the London Stage Shakespeare performances will proceed as scheduled Friday, Sept. 23 and Saturday, Sept. 24 at 7:30 p.m. in the Arts Building Recital Hall, 1604 Campus.
- Campus shuttles will cease operations at 6 p.m., Friday. Shuttles will resume normal schedules Monday, Sept. 26.
- Many of our faculty, students and staff have family in areas affected by the hurricane. Please be supportive of special needs created by Hurricane Rita.
- For students living on campus, the weekend shopping shuttle schedule has been changed. The shuttle will operate 2-6 p.m., Friday, Sept. 23 and not on Saturday. For more information, go to http://www.utsa.edu/parking.
- Over the weekend, there will be food service available during normal operating hours in the Roadrunner Café. Family and friends fleeing Hurricane Rita are welcome to stay with UTSA students in on-campus housing through the weekend.
For more information, contact the UTSA Police Department at (210) 458-4242 or call (210) 458-SNOW.