Enter Family of the Year essay contest
By Julio Joey Ramos
Assistant Director, Orientation and Transition Services
(Jan. 29, 2007)--If you are a UTSA student who wants to honor and thank your family for their support -- nominate them for the third annual UTSA Family of the Year Award. The award will be presented at halftime of the Feb. 17 Homecoming men's basketball game against Texas State.
The contest is an essay competition with prizes given to the winning family. The deadline to submit an essay is Feb. 7.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
The UTSA Family Association sponsors the award to celebrate the supportive roles families play in the lives of UTSA students and the university community. The award is a reminder that families are an essential part of a student's support network. Their dedication, determination and loyalty help students achieve their higher education goals at UTSA.To enter the contest, students must submit a nomination form and typed essay of no more than three pages describing why their family is a great UTSA family.
The 2007 Family of the Year will receive:
- Two airline tickets compliments of Southwest Airlines (fly anywhere Southwest flies)
- Accommodations at a San Antonio hotel of your choice
- H-E-B gift card
- Commemorative plaque presented to you and your family Saturday, Feb. 17 during men's basketball game halftime
- Tickets for up to 4 members of your family to the Homecoming/Family Weekend men's basketball game, Feb. 17
Pick up a nomination form at the Office of Orientation and Transition Services in University Center Room 1.00.04, 1604 Campus, or the Office of Student Activities in Durango Building Room 1.302, Downtown Campus.
Download the form at the UTSA Family Association Web site.
Sponsors of the contest are H-E-B, Hotel Contessa, La Fonda on Main, St. Anthony Hotel, Southwest Airlines, Westin La Cantera Resort, UTSA Office of Orientation and Transition Services and UTSA Office of Student Activities.