"Gently Down the Stream" by Marguerite Moreau McCarthy
S.A. art group hosts Artists Who Teach exhibit
By Tim Brownlee
Assistant Director of Public Affairs
(Feb. 14, 2007)--The San Antonio Art Education Association recently hosted the exhibit and contest, "Artists Who Teach," at the San Antonio Central Library.
Teachers who are members of the professional art organization are eligible to exhibit and compete. The exhibit included works by 40 area art educators.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
The exhibit was judged by UTSA art collection curator Arturo Almeida.
Marguerite Moreau McCarthy won the best-of-show award for her assemblage, "Gently Down the Stream."
- Ruben Cordova (UTSA assistant professor), "Flea Market Dualism, 2004," photo
- Deborah Hogan, "Untitled," graphite
- Linda Otstott, "1604 & 281," photo
- Sherry Christensen, "Skylines #1," acrylic
- Paul Niendorf, "American Indian," mixed media