Top photo: UTSA student actors Travis Trevino (left) and Rick Sanchez
in a rehearsal shot. Bottom photo: "Honk: A Musical" poster
UTSA Lyric Theatre presents children's classic set to music
By Lesli Hicks
Special Projects Writer, M.A., '07
(Sept. 27, 2007)--The UTSA Department of Music Lyric Theatre will present "Honk: A Musical," based on the children's favorite, "The Ugly Duckling" by Hans Christian Andersen, from Sept. 28 to Oct. 7 at the UTSA Downtown Campus Buena Vista Theater.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
- Friday, Sept. 28, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 29, 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 30, 3 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 5, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 6, 2 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 7, 3 p.m.
William McCrary, UTSA associate professor of music, directs the production with choreography by Michelle Pietri, UTSA music lecturer.
With open seating, admission is $15, $10 for students, military personnel and seniors age 55 and over with identification; group rates are available. For tickets, call (210 458-5685.
Free event parking will be available in the UTSA lot across the street from the Buena Vista Street Building.