Christina Mondragon is Student Leader of the Month
By John Kaulfus
Associate Dean of Students
(Dec. 12, 2007)--The UTSA Office of Student Activities announces Christina Mondragon was named Student Leader of the Month for November 2007. She was nominated by Jennifer Lilly, UTSA assistant director of volunteer services. Other nominees for November included Kelly Gambill, Andres Bocanegra, Lindsay Karstedt and Mike Marcelissen.
Mondragon is a senior business management and entrepreneurship major from Corpus Christi, Texas. She plans to graduate in December 2008.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
According to Lilly, Mondragon is "leading VOICES toward a brighter, more impactful future. Christina is a leader among leaders."
She is president of VOICES (Volunteer Organization Involving Community, Education and Service) and is involved in Alpha Phi Omega and the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. In November 2007, Mondragon coordinated the OXFAM Hunger Banquet, which was attended by more than 150 students, faculty, and staff.
Sponsored by the Office of Student Activities, Student Leader of the Month nominees must meet these criteria:
- Full-time UTSA undergraduate or graduate student
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 2.25 at time of nomination
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership above typical expectations
- Nominations should be for actions that positively impact the UTSA community
Nominate a Student Leader of the Month at the UTSA Office of Student Activities Web site. Nominations must be submitted by the fourth Thursday each month.
For more information, contact John Kaulfus at (210) 458-4740.