Faculty, staff: Sign up for special training classes
By Anne Jett
Associate Director of Training and Development
(Jan. 25, 2008)--The UTSA Office of Training and Development will offer several dynamic and interactive training classes for faculty, staff and student employees about preventing discrimination and harassment, and increasing diversity awareness in the workplace. Classes will be offered through May.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
The classes are fast-paced, full of practical information and keep participants engaged through case studies, case law, small group discussion and up-to-date visual scenarios. The goal of the classes is to make sure that UTSA is a safe, respectful and productive place to study and work, free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. The classes provide opportunities to explore diversity and how issues of diversity intersect with discrimination prevention.
Sign up today through TXClass (requires UTEID and password) for any of the following classes. Each class lasts 3-4 hours. Access TXClass at the UTSA Training and Development Web site.
- Diversity Awareness: M.E.E.T. on Common Ground (SD 308)
Choose one date: February 13, March 5, April 10, May 8
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment: Your Role and Responsibilities as a UTSA Employee (SD 309) (non-supervisors)
Choose one date: January 30, February 12, March 12, April 17, May 15
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment: Your Role and Responsibilities as a UTSA Supervisor (SU 317) (supervisors)
Choose one date: January 23, February 19, March 26, April 24, May 22
Did you know?
Training and Development can design special sessions to address specific areas of interest or needs of your work team or department. For more information or to make a class request, call (210) 458-4658.