Army wins the ROTC Team Challenge at Diploma Dash 2007.
Start training: Alumni Diploma Dash is March 1
By Marcia Mattingly
Office of Alumni Programs
(Feb. 11, 2008)--Start training now to race in the 24th annual UTSA Alumni Diploma Dash 5K San Antonio City Championship and Fitness Walk on Saturday, March 1 at the 1604 Campus. Presenting sponsor, The Capital Group Companies, and a host of alumni volunteers promise a morning of good food, exercise and great prizes.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
A premiere UTSA Homecoming event, Diploma Dash also serves as the San Antonio City Championship Race. Proceeds benefit the Alumni Scholarship Fund, UTSA track athletes, and alumni programs and services. Co-chairs for this year's race are Danny Zimmermann, '01, Cleary Zimmermann Engineers, and Susan Campbell, '89, of The Capital Group Companies.
- UTSA faculty, staff and Alumni Association members and their partners can get in shape for Diploma Dash by joining the UTSA Recreation Center for a low monthly rate. The newly expanded UTSA Recreation and Wellness Center on the 1604 Campus is a 300,000 square-foot facility with fitness facilities, training and nutrition programs. For more information, visit the Campus Recreation Web site.
Race-day registration, complimentary breakfast and stretching begin at 8 a.m. and the start gun fires at 9 a.m. The racecourse offers a certified 5K flat and fast course for accomplished runners and a scenic 1.5-mile course for those who prefer an easier pace. Families are welcome to participate.
The race entry fee is $20 if purchased by Feb. 27 and $30 on race day. UTSA students can enter for $10 with UTSACard. Each participant receives a long-sleeved Diploma Dash t-shirt and giveaway bag.
Cash prizes, trophies and running shoes will be awarded for Men's and Women's Open. A round-trip American Airlines ticket will be awarded to overall first place winners. Men's and Women's Masters categories will receive prizes and trophies. Custom medals will be awarded in 13 age categories and to Clydesdale and Filly divisions. A trophy will be awarded to the top UTSA student team and individual medals for first, second and third places.
Entry forms are available for students at the UTSA Office of Alumni Programs, University Center Room 2.00.10 (on the breezeway next to Career Services).
For more information, visit the UTSA Office of Alumni Programs Web site or call (210) 458-4133.