Come to the table... for Great Conversation!
(Feb. 22, 2008)--Great Conversation!, a signature UTSA event, is 6:30-9 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 26 at UTSA's Institute of Texan Cultures. At the special event, guests are invited to converse on a variety of stimulating topics expertly led by UTSA professors and community leaders. More than 600 guests attended in 2007, so be sure to join this year's great dinner party.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
- Tickets are $85, with proceeds benefiting scholarships for UTSA Honors College students. UTSA faculty and staff are encouraged to attend.
More than 60 conversation-starting topics will be conducted this year in the categories of arts, culture, religion, science, education, technology, parenting, business and community. The event also increases public awareness about the important cultural and intellectual role that UTSA plays in the community.
The evening is arranged much like a dinner party with conversation as the focus. Tables seat 10 with a different conversation topic assigned to each table in advance. The conversation is led by a UTSA faculty member or community leader with special expertise on a topic. A buffet supper is served and the topical conversation begins over coffee and dessert -- and in previous years, guests have been reluctant to bring the discussion to a close.