Learn about UTSA grad school at several events
By Tanya Hulbert
Student Writer, College of Liberal and Fine Arts
(March 27, 2008)--The UTSA Graduate School will host several free events from March 29 to April 7 to help prospective graduate students learn about program choices and applying for graduate school.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
- Current teachers can attend a UTSA graduate school application workshop at 10 a.m., Saturday, March 29 in Business Building Room 3.03.04, 1604 Campus.
- UTSA alumni can participate in a graduate school application workshop at 10 a.m., Saturday, April 5 in Business Building Room 3.02.06, 1604 Campus.
Those who apply at the workshops will not pay the application fee. To register for a workshop, visit the UTSA Graduate School Web site (select "March 29" or "April 5").
Applicants must bring their transcripts from all community colleges and universities they have attended (3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of course work), a personal statement on disk and recommender contact information (name, e-mail).
- Additionally, the UTSA Graduate School will host Graduate Program Days information fairs for students who want to learn about graduate degree programs. The 1604 Campus fair is 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Tuesday, April 1 in the Humanities and Social Sciences Building foyer. The Downtown Campus fair is 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and 4-6 p.m., Monday, April 7 at the Frio Street Building commons.
At the information fairs, prospective graduate students can speak with representatives from all of the UTSA colleges about program requirements, financing for graduate school and career opportunities.
Read about UTSA graduate programs and requirements at the UTSA Graduate School Web site.
For more information, contact the UTSA Graduate School at (210) 458-4335.