Bargain Basement Players host Sept. 25 tryouts
By Tim Brownlee
Assistant Director of Public Affairs
(Sept. 24, 2008)--The Bargain Basement Players, a UTSA registered student organization, will conduct auditions for fall 2008 productions from 5 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 25 in the University Center Harris Room (2.212) on the 1604 Campus. Students with or without experience can try out for one-act plays or interview for technical work. The one-act plays will be performed at the 1604 Campus in November.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
Bargain Basement Players was founded in October 2006 to promote theater and the arts at UTSA. The organization provides opportunities for UTSA students in acting, directing, writing, production, technical stagecraft and organizational leadership. The nonprofit group presents free productions at the UTSA 1604 Campus and receives no sponsorships.
- 5 p.m.: Monologue Rounds -- Actors present a 1-2 minute prepared monologue (students not available at this time can read between 6 and 8 p.m.)
- 6 p.m.: Cold-Reading Rounds -- Actors will be divided into groups and given excerpts from the play scripts to prepare and perform for the panel of directors.
- Callbacks will follow between 8 and 10 p.m.
Technical positions available
- Stage Manager, House Manager, Set Design and Construction, Lights, Sound, Film Tech, Costumes, Make-up, Props, Stage Hand