ISFD hosts grant writing workshop Jan. 21-23
(Jan. 5, 2009)--The Institute for Strategic Funding Development will host a strategic grant writing proposal workshop from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Jan. 21-23 at St. Mary's University in San Antonio. Tuition for the three-day workshop is $598.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
The workshop for educators, nonprofit professionals, graduate students, administrators and researchers in the sciences and social sciences presents the basics of grant writing with a comprehensive overview of effective grant development techniques including finding best-fit funding sources, creating innovative programs and planning for funding sustainability. The workshop will feature three sessions: Strategic Proposal Writing, Strategic Program Planning and Strategic Grant Research.
The workshop is geared for government, academic, research, health and nonprofit professionals new to the grant writing world, as well for professionals wanting to expand their grant writing knowledge. During the workshop, each participant can develop a draft proposal or have a workshop instructor review an existing grant proposal.
Participants will earn 20 contact hours or 20 CFRE continuing education units. Those completing the workshop will receive:
- ISFD certificate of completion accredited by CFRE
- Grant proposal research and strategic fundraising CDs
- Expert training instruction from grant industry leaders
- Grant proposal writing workbook
- Grant proposal personalized materials
- Ongoing consulting services
ISFD offers a variety of workshops and consulting services with curricula on all facets of grant writing and fundraising in the field of philanthropy. Each ISFD instructor has more than 10 years' experience in writing successful grant proposals and fundraising development. ISFD presents hundreds of workshops and seminars across the nation.