Texas Business Hall of Fame scholarship award
Texas Business Hall of Fame awards scholarships
By Wendy Frost
Director of Communications, College of Business
(March 18, 2009)--UTSA students with an entrepreneurial spirit are invited to apply for a $10,000 scholarship offered by the Texas Business Hall of Fame Foundation. The Texas Business Hall of Fame Foundation Scholarship Program recognizes students with a strong academic record as well as those with a passion and track record in entrepreneurship.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
Award qualifications are:
- UTSA student with any major
- Exhibit leadership traits in academic and campus activities
- Demonstrate propensity for entrepreneurial achievement
- GPA of 3.5 or above
- Outstanding moral character
- U.S. citizen
Recipients must attend the organization's annual awards dinner Oct. 15 in Houston.
Applications are due Monday, March 23. E-mail applications to Janet Rothe or deliver to the College of Business Office of the Dean, Business Building Room 4.01.02, 1604 Campus.
The Texas Business Hall of Fame recognizes the accomplishments and contributions of outstanding Texas business leaders to perpetuate and inspire the values of entrepreneurial spirit, personal integrity and community leadership in all generations of Texans.