» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
Purchase discounted movie tickets at Main and Downtown campuses
(March 10, 2010)--UTSA students, faculty and staff can purchase discounted tickets valid at all Santikos movie theaters. The discounted tickets can be purchased now at the University Center information center on the Main Campus -- and beginning Thursday, May 11, discounted tickets will be available at the Downtown Campus information center in the Durango Building. Both information centers will offer $9.50 tickets for evening showings at the discounted price of $6.50.
At the UC information center (next to the Office of Events Management and Conference Services), tickets can be purchased with VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards, cash, UTSACard and personal checks with ID. At the Downtown Campus information center, payment can be only with UTSACard Rowdy Dollars.
Add Rowdy Dollars to a UTSACard in three ways: UTSA Fiscal Services, cash value stations or online at ASAP (credit card or e-check). Fiscal Services is in John Peace Library Room 1.03.06 (Main Campus) and Frio Street Building Room 1.508 (Downtown Campus).
Cash value station locations are in:
- Computer Lab, Business Building Room 2.01.06, Main Campus
- Computer Lab, Multidisciplinary Studies Building Room 1.03.06, Main Campus
- John Peace Library second floor, Main Campus
- Main Building first floor main corridor near copiers, Main Campus
- Humanities and Social Sciences Building second level galleria, Main Campus
- Chaparral Village Building 14, Main Campus
- Chaparral Village Building 16, Main Campus
- Computer Lab, Frio Street Building Room, Downtown Campus
- Library, Buena Vista Street Building second floor, Downtown Campus
"Whether they are purchased for personal use or for student or departmental giveaways, our new Santikos SuperSaver passes provide a great value to everyone at UTSA," said Angela Hicks, information center retail manager.
The Santikos SuperSaver passes do not expire and can be exchanged at any Santikos box office for an "admit one" ticket, based on availability. Santikos theaters closest to UTSA include the Palladium at The Rim and the Silverado 16 at Loop 1604 and Bandera Road. Other Santikos theaters accepting the SuperSaver pass include the Mayan Palace, Embassy 14, Northwest 14 and Bijou Cinema Bistro.
Additionally, users can upgrade SuperSaver passes to an IMAX movie for $4 extra or to a 3-D film for $2.50. Passes are not redeemable for cash or events designated "special engagement."