» UTSA Expressions -- Student Center for Community Engagement and Inclusion
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
Volunteers are needed to help at San Antonio Rock 'n Roll Marathon Nov. 14
(Oct. 12, 2010)--Volunteers are needed to help run a water station with fellow UTSA students and staff -- and to cheer on the numerous UTSA runners that will compete in this year's San Antonio Rock 'N Roll Marathon and Half Marathon on Sunday, Nov. 14.
"We need at least 100 volunteers to help on race day, so encourage your fellow students, faculty and staff to join in as well," said Jessica Figueroa, service chair of the UTSA Honors Alliance student organization. The Honors Alliance is organizing the official UTSA water station for the second year.
UTSA's station is toward the end of the race -- mile 25 for those doing the marathon, mile 12 for the half-marathon. Parking will be provided for volunteers as well as bonus giveaways.
For details and to register as a volunteer, visit the San Antonio Rock 'N Roll Marathon and Half Marathon website. For more information on the UTSA station, call 210-458-7273.
Volunteer registration instructions
- Go to the San Antonio Rock 'n roll Marathon and Half Marathon website.
- Select "Register Now" (blue button).
- Log in to "Create New User."
- Enter e-mail address
- Select "New User."
- Create profile by entering name, address, phone and emergency contact
- Enter access code: 18
- Complete questions (you do not have to complete all the questions, only tones with asterisk or if they ask for shirt size)
- Submit profile and enter initials
- Scroll down and click on arrow labeled "18. UTSA" under "Water Stations" heading (at bottom of page).
- Check the box "November 14, 2010" and then click on the button "Sign up for the selected items."
- Check the box "Must be 14 years of age," and then click on the button "I agree that I meet or surpass the above requirement."
- Click on the "Complete Registration" button to finalize your registration for the water station.
- Questions? Contact Jessica Figueroa at 210-458-7273.