» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
Sign up now for San Antonio Rock-n-Roll Marathon and Half Marathon
(July 26, 2011)--It's time to get ready for the San Antonio Rock-n-Roll Marathon and Half Marathon Get Fit Challenge. Last year, there were 78 participants from UTSA, and we won the Extra-Large Corporate Division Trophy in the "Get Fit Challenge." Register by July 31 and save $25 on the entry fee. UTSA employees, friends and family members can join the team and receive the discount.
This year's event is Sunday, Nov. 13, starting downtown at S. Alamo and E. Markets streets and finishing at the Alamodome (Cherry Street). It marks the fourth annual San Antonio marathon and half marathon benefiting the Susan G. Komen for the Cure organization.
Those who sign up with the UTSA Runners will receive a free team/training shirt from UTSA Wellness Rowdy New U program and a $10 registration discount. The Sport-Tek running shirt has the team name (UTSA Runners) and comes in men's and women's sizes. Additionally, team members can receive free training sessions by a marathon coach.
For more information, call 210-458-6102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At the Rock-n-Roll Marathon website, select the "Register" tab. Note the registration increases July 31 and Nov. 6.
- Select "Continue Registration" to go to the registration form.
- Select the race in which you will compete. To receive the discount, select the "Individual Get Fit Challenge Marathon or Half Marathon."
- You must set up an account with Active.com so they can communicate with you about the race. Once you set up your account, you can proceed with the registration.
- Fill out the registration form. At "Team Information," select "Join a Team."
- Highlight "UTSA Runners," then finish registration.
- Pay and you will see the discount displayed.
- After signing up, email email@example.com to let her know you joined, to give your shirt size in men's or women's, and if you are interested in free training from a marathon coach.
Exclusive national charity Susan G. Komen Marathon for the Cure
The Susan G. Komen Marathon for the Cure is dedicated to putting 86 cents of each dollar raised toward funding valuable research and community outreach programs. Without the cures, approximately 465,000 women will die from the disease each year globally.
The Komen San Antonio Affiliate has invested more than $11.25 million since inception in 1997. Seventy-five percent of net funds support local nonprofit programs providing vital breast cancer screening, treatment and education in San Antonio. The remaining 25 percent goes to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Grants Program for groundbreaking breast cancer research and scientific programs around the world.