» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA faculty, staff: Participate in UT System Physical Activity Challenge April 19
(April 17, 2012) -- UTSA faculty and staff members can get ready to take simple steps to better health by participating in the UT System Physical Activity Challenge on April 19. The online, six-week, physical-activity challenge runs April 19-May 31.
The UT System "Living Well: Make It a Priority" program will collaborate with the UTSA Rowdy New U wellness program on the active living, healthy lifestyle campaign. Rowdy New U and Human Resources-Benefits will offer prizes to Top 5 individuals and Top Team (no more than 50 participants per team) with the most minutes logged.
A limited supply of prizes also will be available for registering before April 20 and meeting the goal of at least 150 minutes. Read details at the UTSA Wellness Program website.
The institutions with the greatest participations (based on percent of total headcount) and improvement (based on percent of improvement) will win the UT System Physical Activity Challenge Traveling Trophy. Help UTSA keep the trophy, which we won last year!
There is no better time to get fit like today. You'll be amazed how motivating it is to track your activity using the GetFitTexas! online physical activity tracker. It's free, fun and it has great interactive online tools. Also, you will be competing against all UT System institutions.
New for the 2012 are these recognitions:
- Individual awards for members with the most activity logged
- Greatest participation by male and female by institution (most days of activity during the six weeks).
- Greatest life change based on testimonials submitted by participants or referred by wellness coordinators, no limit of recipients by institution
Instructions to sign up as an individual or to join or form a team:
- Go to the GetFitTexas website.
- Click "Join Program" above username.
- Select "I am a state agency employee" and click "OK."
- Fill out the required fields and select UT San Antonio for the "State Agency Name" field and click "Save."
- To create a team or join a team, click the "Teams" icon (not required).
- To create a team: Fill out "Team Name," select State Agency Challenge for "Challenge" field and select UT San Antonio for the "State Agency Name." Click "OK." (No more than 50 participants per team)
- To join a team: Click "Teams" and select State Agency Challenge for "Challenge" field. Select UT at San Antonio for the "State Agency Name" and select the team under "Team Name" field.