» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA wins 10 CASE awards from pool of 1,200 entries
(May 25, 2012) -- The UTSA Office of University Advancement made a strong showing at the 2012 Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District IV conference, earning 10 awards for its efforts to elevate UTSA to Tier One status. UTSA's honors included five gold awards, two silver awards, two bronze awards and an honorable mention from a competitive pool of more than 1,200 entries.
The Office of the Vice President for University Advancement is charged with creating a climate of support that will allow UTSA to achieve its goal of becoming a Tier One research institution. The division works primarily with donors, alumni and the media and includes five departments -- Development, University Advancement, Alumni Programs, University Marketing and University Communications.
"Every day wonderful things are happening at UTSA," said Marjie French, vice president for advancement. "Each issue of Sombrilla shares some of those great stories in a way that touches the hearts of our readers and invites them to reconnect with the university. These CASE awards are really about the great work our team is doing every day."
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices in London and Singapore, CASE is a professional association serving educational institutions and advancement professionals in alumni relations, communications, fundraising, marketing and other areas. UTSA belongs to District IV of CASE, which includes more than 2,900 members from 261 educational institutions Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas and the Republic of Mexico.
"Our team is elated by the recognition of our quality work by our institutional peers," said Craig Evans, UTSA executive director of creative and visual services. "I am grateful to each member of our team for supporting UTSA's long-term vision to become a Tier One research institution and for translating that passion into their daily work."
UTSA 2012 CASE District IV Awards
- Category 6: Annual Giving Program, Annual Giving Brochure -- We Are UTSA
- Category 31: Web Magazine, Sombrilla magazine, Spring 2011
- Category 49: Magazine Design, Complete Unit, Sombrilla magazine, Winter 2011
- Category 50: Magazine Design, Single Editorial Spread, "From the Trenches," Sombrilla magazine, Winter 2011, Opening Spread
- Category 68: Digital or Computer Enhanced Image, "Wendy Barker: From the Heart," Sombrilla magazine, Spring 2011
- Category 55: Periodicals Improvement, Sombrilla magazine
- Category 67: Color Photography -- Series, "Tony Doyle: From the Trenches of War," Sombrilla magazine, Winter 2011
- Category 50: Magazine Design, Single Editorial Spread, "Hiding in Plain Sight," Ovations 2011, College of Liberal and Fine Arts
- Category 64: Black-and-White Photography -- Candid, Structured or Series, "Bob Rivard: Great Conversation!"
- Category 50: Magazine Design, Single Editorial Spread, "From the Trenches," secondary spread, Sombrilla magazine, Winter 2011