» UTSA Expressions -- Inclusion and Community Engagement Center
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA online learning system transforms to Blackboard Learn 9.1
(Feb. 4, 2013) -- UTSA students, faculty and staff may have noticed the online learning system Blackboard has transformed into Learn 9.1, the latest version of the system from Blackboard. The new version of the learning management system (LMS) is live for all courses this semester, and instructor accounts are available now.
The previous versions of the system were Blackboard, WebCT and CE 8, which have been phased out. The features of the new system are:
- A stable online system (previous versions had the tendency to crash)
- A single LMS with one sign-in using MyUTSA log-in
- All credit courses have a corresponding course in the new LMS, which is created by the Banner system.
- Learn Mobile will be implemented this month -- access the system from anywhere.
- Self-service resources for faculty (PDF quick-start guides and narrated video tutorials) are available at learn.utsa.edu.
- Self-service resources (PDF quick-start guides and narrated video tutorials) will be available for students Jan. 15.
For more information, contact Michael Anderson, director of online learning, at 210-458-5949.