Driver Training and Record Request Information
TheDriver Safety Training is now located in the UTSA MyTraining link -https://mytraining.utsa.edu/moodle/my/index.php . The course is Defensive Driving Awareness Program (SA 503).
Texas Driver's Record Request
- Texas Driver's Record Request(DR-1 Form) must be completed annually. DL Check request (DR-1) forms must be submitted 30 days prior to the expiration of last years request. It is the departments responsibility to verify that each employee driving a state vehicle has completed and submitted both the Exam and Release.
- Complete “Information Requested On” and “Individual’s Written Consent” sections of the Texas Department of Public Safety Application (DR1) for a copy of Driver Record form.
- Send the completed form by campus mail to Pat Harborth, in the University Police Department-Bosque Building 1.402, for processing.
- Once the employee’s driving record is received from the Texas Department of Public Safety, the University Police Department will notify the employing department about the employee’s status and whether he/she is eligible to drive a state vehicle or rental vehicle.
- For any UTSA employee or student employee who is expected to drive often on travel covered by this policy, the employing department must perform a motor vehicle record check annually to ensure authorized driving status for such employee or student employee.
- The employing department must also notify such an employee or student employee that he/she is obligated to report to the employing department any moving or traffic violations she/she received.
- The employing department must report any such moving or traffic violation to Pat Harborth in the University Police Department.
- Clearance must be obtained prior to departure.
- The employee’s driving record remains on file with the University Police Department.
Texas DPS Driving Records request take 5 to 10 business days to obtain.
If you have any questions please contact:
Joseph Stilwill- UTSA Fleet Mgr - 210-458-7681
Lt. Stephanie Padula- 210-458-4775
Rebecca Gomez- 210-458-4417
University Police Department