Solutions to Support Unlimited Possibilities
May 10, 2013 | Issue 1
Support Staff Special Edition
As we get closer to our UTShare go-live date, there are activities that must be complete in our current systems. The completion of these activities will prepare us for a successful conversion and transition to UTShare. Below is a description of these activities, their respective target dates for completion, and in which system it needs to be completed.
Target Date: May 31, 2013
- Review current positions in HRMS and inactivate or end any unused/unwanted positions. This will ensure current positions will be converted to UTShare.
- Review positions in HRMS and ensure the "reports to" is entered and correct for every employee. Some approvals in UTShare are highly
dependent on correct "reports to" information, therefore it is imperative that this is correct.
Example: A mid-level manager has a student worker as a direct report, however in HRMS the "reports to is set to the director or highest
ranking individual in the department. The "reports to" field should be corrected and changed to the mid-level manager because the mid-level manager is the direct supervisor of the student worker.
- Ensure position attributes (building codes, owning units, phone numbers, etc.) are correct in HRMS. We want to make sure accurate data is converted to UTShare.
Leave Balances & Vacation Carry-Forward
Target Date: August 7, 2013
- Reconcile employee leave balances in DEFINE which include:
- Any corrections/adjustments for months prior to August 2013.
- Any anticipated time off (vacation, overtime, comp time, etc.) to be taken in August 2013.
These activities are necessary to ensure accurate leave balances are converted to UTShare.
- Suggest vacation be taken for employees with hours over vacation carry-forward maximum. Currently, employees can only carry a certain amount of vacation hours over to the next fiscal year, depending on their years of service. Any hours in excess of the carry-forward maximum get transferred the employee's sick leave balance. This migration is usually done around October in DEFINE. Due to the implementation of UTShare, this migration will happen September 1, 2013. Therefore, we are wanting to give employees sufficient notice to use vacation hours at risk of getting transferred to sick. A report will be sent to departments over the next week to identify employees at risk of having vacation hours converted to sick. This report will forecast any potential hours employees may accrue over the next few months (June, July, and August). We are requesting employees be notified of their hours at risk by 5/31/2013. The use of vacation is subject to supervisor approval.
For a vacation accrual rates and carry-forward maximums based on years of service, please click here.
Travel & Payments
- Target Date: July 31, 2013. This is the final date travel advances can be issued in DEFINE.
- Target Date: August 26, 2013. All travel for August must be settled by this date. Ensure all travel advances, participant advances, athletic advances for FY 12/13 are cleared and settled in DEFINE.
Both of these activities will decrease the need for manual entry in UTShare.
Account Reconciliations & Budget Group Review
Target Date: July 15, 2013*
- Last day to create new accounts and units or make changes to existing accounts/units in DEFINE for FY 12/13.
- Review accounts for NACUBO classification and submit proposed changes as early as possible.
- Review accounts and close those with zero balance, inactivity or a small balance.
These actions are required for the account crosswalk from DEFINE to UTShare to be successful. It will ensure accurate account/unit information is properly converted. *Please note - this target date is not applicable to the addition of Development or Grant Accounts.
Summer & Year-End Purchases
- Target Date: July 12, 2013. Last day PB4 requests over $25,000 can be final approved and submitted to the Purchasing Office.
- Target Date: July 19, 2013. Last day PB4 requests $5000.01 to $25,000.00 can be final approved and submitted to the Purchasing Office.
- Target Date: August 2, 2013. Last day PB0 ($5000.00 and under) documents can be final approved in POINT Plus.
To ensure departments have essential goods and services, please check stock levels and order supplies to guarantee stock will last through year-end. Additionally, although the following activities do not have established target dates, please complete them as soon as possible to ensure accurate data is converted and to decrease the need for manual entry in UTShare.
- Ensure Purchase Orders are fully received and PD1 documents are entered.
- Reconcile "Open Encumbrances" and close any open orders, if possible.
- Issue Purchase Order Changes (POC) when products will not be delivered.
Future preparation activities may be warranted and will be communicated as they become known. We appreciate everyone's support and diligence to complete these activities. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the project office at 210-458-8600 or email email@example.com. Any information regarding the project, including this Spotlight issue, can be found on our website - www.utsa.edu/utshare. Additionally, please distribute amongst your department/area as you deem necessary.
Thank you again for your support and assistance with making the transition to UTShare successful.
UTShare at UTSA Project Team