Solutions to Support Unlimited Possibilities
UTShare/PeopleSoft May 2014 Go-Live: Are you ready?
With the Go-Live date just days away, a few key areas are highlighted to help you get ready for the transition to PeopleSoft. Take a moment to read how this will impact you — and how you can prepare for them.
What you need to know
How to access and login to UTShare/PeopleSoft
Access to the UTShare/PeopleSoft system will be available on the myUTSA menu
at the top of every UTSA web page, and on the UTShare website located at: http://utsa.edu/utshare/ .
You will login to UTShare/PeopleSoft with your myUTSA ID (abc123) and passphrase.
Employee Self Service (ESS)
ESS is the new online tool to manage your personal information on record with the University and replaces UT Direct. With ESS, it is quick and easy to check and update your personal information.
UTSA Chart of Accounts Crosswalks
Customized crosswalk lookups will be available in the UTShare/PeopleSoft system for individuals who are authorized to view DEFINE account balance commands. There is no financial data associated with the crosswalks; it is only a translation tool. In addition, similar crosswalk spreadsheets will be available on the UTShare website for all employees located at: http://www.utsa.edu/utshare/Training/References/ .
Need Answers Now?
The PeopleSoft Support & Sustainment Center (PSSC) maintains a knowledge base of “Frequently Asked Questions” to answer many UTShare/PeopleSoft questions. The knowledge base is accessed on the UTShare website located at http://hrsupport.utsa.edu/support/index.php?/SPOC/Knowledgebase/List .
- DEFINE and its related systems (UTDirect, HRMS and Point Plus) will no longer be used to conduct University business after April 30, 2014.
- Cutover activities will continue throughout May 2014. Departmental access begins on May 13, 2014. Back offices (central processing areas) will be busy validating converted data and entering open transactions from DEFINE during the May 1st -12th timeframe.
- Interim approvals will occur outside of UTShare/PeopleSoft at Go-Live. Departments will use UTSA’s Interim Workflow Solutions forms and other departmental methods during the interim period.
- Read and become familiar with major operational changes outlined in the “Guide for the Transition to UTShare/PeopleSoft” located at: http://www.utsa.edu/utshare/Change/ .
- Please expect some delay in fulfilling requests as the campus adapts to the UTShare/PeopleSoft system. Your patience and understanding is appreciated.
The PeopleSoft Support and Sustainment Center (PSSC) staff is here to support you! If you have any questions and/or need to submit a SPOC ticket please contact us:
- Call the PSSC at 458-SPOC (7762)
- Visit the UTShare Website: www.utsa.edu/utshare.
Click the SPOC icon to open a ticket within the PeopleSoft ticketing system. Submit one question per ticket.
- Email the PSSC: email@example.com