Solutions to Support Unlimited Possibilities
Key PeopleSoft Communications for Campus
PeopleSoft Status and Transition at UTSA
- Training: the UTShare/PeopleSoft Training Schedule is being refined to accommodate campus workload, course schedules, locations and instructor availability.
- Course work offerings are designed to prepare Administrative Support Staff for transition to UTShare/PeopleSoft with classes planned for Main and Downtown Campuses.
- Training will begin in January 2014
- Interim Time and Absence Reporting process which will be used during March 1, 2014 – August 31, 2014. Staff employees will be required to enter their time worked and absences at least weekly.
- All Staff and Student Employees must enter their absences and time worked at least weekly in a format external to UTShare/PeopleSoft
- All Supervisors must approve employee-submitted absences and time worked weekly via a format external to UTShare/PeopleSoft
- Assigned Department Timekeepers* will enter supervisor approved employee absences and time worked into UTShare/PeopleSoft time based on Payroll published timelines.
*For more information on the Timekeeper role please go to the Human Resources Website to view the FAQ’s, Questions & Answers http://utsa.edu/hr/docs/UTSPS/TA-TimekeeperQuestions.pdf
- Time and Absence Reporting changes beginning March, 2014
Pay will be docked for employees who take leave before earning it (negative leave balances are not allowed by the Texas Constitution).
- Student non-exempt employees must record time worked in the following format: time in, time out for lunch, time returned from lunch and time out for the day.
- Student exempt employees must record absences and time worked in excess of their schedule (not eligible for state compensatory time, sick time or vacation).
- Non exempt classified employees paid either monthly OR hourly must record time worked in the following format: time in, time out for lunch, time returned from lunch and time out for the day (eligible for both federal overtime and state compensatory time).
- Classified Exempt Staff must record absences and time worked in excess of their schedule (eligible for state compensatory time).
- Faculty must report sick related absences along with time worked on holidays/skeleton crew days to their admin on a monthly basis.
- A&P must record vacation and other absences along with time worked on holidays/skeleton crew days (not eligible for state compensatory time).
- Faculty Insurance Premiums: starting in the Spring 2014, Faculty who chose nine-month salary spread will have their summer insurance premiums for June, July, and August paid via double deduction over three months (March, April, and May), rather than a quadruple deduction in May as was done in DEFINE.
- Research Service Centers will need to enter subcontracts as Purchase Orders so funds can be encumbered.
- DEFINE Budget Group methodology: is being replaced with UTShare/PeopleSoft “Chart of Accounts” which reflects the Fund, NACUBO, Object Code, and Department on each transaction for easier reporting.
- Checking of available Budget and YTD encumbrances/expenses: will look significantly different in UTShare/PeopleSoft. Three training courses, Chart of Accounts, Managing Departmental Budget and Expenses, and Statement of Accounts will explain the new approach.
- Procure to Pay Process
- Receiving reports can be done by Departments
- Tracking of the Requisition through the Procurement Cycle can be done online
- Purchase Order (PO) changes will be completed by the Purchasing Department
- UTSA’s PeopleSoft Support and Sustainment Center (PSSC) is now available to answer questions regarding PeopleSoft via Single Point of Contact (SPOC). Three ways to contact include:
- Call at 458-SPOC (7762)
- Visit the UTShare Website http://www.utsa.edu/utshare/. Click on the SPOC icon to open a ticket. Submit one question per ticket, please.
- Email SPOC: firstname.lastname@example.org