Solutions to Support Unlimited Possibilities
UTShare/PeopleSoft Training is here! Training begins February 10, 2014 with classes being offered at both campuses (Main and Downtown). A special edition of the UTShare/PeopleSoft Training Newsletter & Schedule will be distributed this month to all employees. It will describe UTShare/PeopleSoft courses and their recommended audiences.
Training Course Information
Summary of UTShare/PeopleSoft Course OfferingsNote: Time and Absence Reporting classes (Interim Process) will be provided in your department and should only be taken in a public venue if you cannot attend your department scheduled classes. For these classes, please wait until you are notified by your department about training for your unit.
All employees are encouraged to complete:
PS 100.01 Employee Self Service (ESS) Online
(available February 17, 2014)
IP 303.01 Time & Absence Reporting for Exempt Employees
IP 304.01 Time & Absence Reporting for Non-Exempt Employees
Administrative staff are encouraged to complete the courses listed below that are related to their duties.
PS 200.01 Introduction to UTShare/PeopleSoft
PS 201.01 Introduction to the Chart of Accounts (COA)
PS 202.01 Purchasing Goods & Services
PS 203.01 Processing Non-Purchase Order Vouchers
PS 204.01 Processing Travel Advances and Reimbursements
PS 205.01 Managing Departmental Expense & Revenue Budgets
PS 207.01 Statement of Accounts (SOA)
PS 208.01 Procard Processing Using UTShare
* PS 301.01 Funding Positions
IP 302.01 Personnel Action & Position Processing
All department Timekeepers are encouraged to complete:
* PS 300.01 UTShare/PeopleSoft Timekeepers Time and Absence Reporting
All Managers & Supervisors are encouraged to complete:
IP 400.01 Time & Absence Approvals for Supervisors
IP 401.01 Approval Process Overview for Managers & Supervisors
* By special invitation
To register for classes, visit the Training & Development website at https://mytraining.utsa.edu/td/
Go-Live date is May 1, 2014
As we near Go-Live, information pertinent to the transition from DEFINE for daily business operations and functions will be distributed around campus. Be on the lookout for it.
Changes to Expect with the new Go-Live date:
- The cutover plan that marks the process to stop entering transactions in DEFINE and start entering them into UTShare/PeopleSoft is being revised. Communications to the campus regarding critical cutover planned dates will be distributed in March & April.
- Departments will continue to utilize the BUD process in UT Direct for the FY 2014-15 Annual Operating Budget Development, which begins in March. Campus use of the Hyperion Public Sector Planning and Budgeting (PSPB) system will be postponed until next year’s FY 2016 budget planning and development process.
The UTShare website is being updated this month with new information including training materials. Stop by and take a look around at www.utsa.edu/utshare/.
Have a Suggestion or Need More Information?
Have an idea or perhaps need more help? Contact PeopleSoft Project team, your Single Point of Contact!
UTSA’s PeopleSoft Support and Sustainment center (PSSC) is operational and available for all faculty and staff questions about the PeopleSoft system and implementation. A dedicated team is ready to answer your questions through one single-point of contact (SPOC) at UTSA! There are three ways to contact us:
- Call the PSSC at 458-SPOC (7762)
- Visit the UTShare Website: www.utsa.edu/utshare.
Click on the SPOC icon to open a ticket within the PeopleSoft ticketing system. Submit one question per ticket.
- Email the PSSC: firstname.lastname@example.org