Easy Steps To Register for the Extended Studies Program (ESP)
We want to make your Extended Studies Program registration as simple as possible. Paper copies of the application can be found at our office. The easiest way to register for this program is to make an appointment with our office. From there, we can walk you through the application and instruct you on how to best provide payment (checks, credit card). Please call our offices for any specific questions or to make an appointment.
- Obtain paper copy of the Texas "Transfer, Transient, Former Student" Common Application booklet from the Office of Extended Education (UTSA Downtown Campus, room BV 1.320). Complete, sign booklet and return to the Office of Extended Education. The online Texas "Transfer, Transient, Former Student" Common Application can not be used for ESP admission/registration.
- Once your ESP admission application is accepted, review and select courses
- Make payment. Full payment must be made by registration deadline.
The ESP Course Fees
- Resident/Military $199.41/semester hour (Tuition & Fees)
- Non-Resident $556.65/semester hour (Tuition & Fees)
ESP Registration Fee*
- Parking fees (fees vary with type of pass and when they’re purchased)
- Application Processing Fee $60
- Friends of the Library Card $25
- Records Processing Charge $10
- Applicable specific course related fees
- Late fees apply after Registration deadlines
* These fees are subject to change, however it is our misssion to keep information on this website as up-to-date as possible.
Bring signed and completed forms with payment to the Office of Extended Education by registration deadline. We accept checks, MasterCard, Visa and Discover card. Cash is not accepted.
Extended Education is located in the UTSA Downtown Campus, Buena Vista Building, room BV 1.320. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Closed Saturday, Sundays and UTSA recognized holidays.
Payment by Mail
All enrollment forms must be postmarked by or before ESP registration deadline. Send completed enrollment form(s) with check, checks, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover card. Make checks payable to “UTSA”. Cash is not accepted. Mail forms and payment to:
The University of Texas at San Antonio
501 W. César E. Chávez Boulevard, Room BV 1.320
San Antonio, TX 78207-4415
Payment by Fax
Fax signed and completed enrollment forms with credit card authorized payment to Extended Education by or before ESP registration deadline. We accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover card. Enrollment forms without credit card authorizations will not be processed.
The fax number for the Office of Extended Education is (210) 458-2410.
Payment by Phone
We accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover card. Payment by phone will be accepted only if signed and completed enrollment forms have been received by the Office of Extended Education by the enrollment deadline.
The telephone number for Extended Education is (210) 458-2411.
Financial aid is not available.
- If a student’s credit card payment is declined for any reason, the affected student’s registration is subject to cancellation without prior notice.
- If the bank returns your personal check unpaid for any reason, your registration is subject to cancellation without prior notification. A $20 fee is charged for all dishonored checks. Also, a $20 administrative fee may be assessed.
UTSA rules and regulations will apply to all ESP refunds.
UTSA ID Cards
ESP students will not be issued UTSA ID cards since they are not "regular" UTSA students.