» UTSA Expressions -- Inclusion and Community Engagement Center
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
Get ready for some UTSA football and UTSA Family Weekend Oct. 7-8!
(Oct. 5, 2011) -- UTSA Family Weekend is Oct. 7-8. Spend time with students, meet faculty and staff, and connect with other Roadrunners and their families throughout the weekend. And, the Saturday, Oct. 8 game vs. South Alabama has a special game time of 4:30 p.m. Tailgating and special events will start outside the Alamodome at 11:30 a.m.
On Friday, Oct. 7, don't miss the Roadrunners on the River Walk event starting at 5:30 p.m. and culminating with a pep rally at the Grand Hyatt at 7 p.m.
On Saturday, Oct. 8, outside the 'Dome there will be plenty of pre-game activities including a battle of the bands from noon to 4 p.m. at Roadrunner Station, festivities at Rowdy Town on the north plaza and the Spirit Walk at 1:30 p.m. Game time is 4:30 p.m.
UTSA Family Weekend highlights
Friday, Oct. 7
- 3:30-4:45 p.m. -- Everything You Wanted to Know About Succeeding at UTSA (But Were Afraid to Ask) -- University Center Harris Room (2.212), Main Campus
- 5:30-7 p.m. -- Roadrunners on the River Walk -– Show your Roadrunner Spirit, enjoy light refreshments and special UTSA prices on drinks at Rio Rio Cantina on the River Walk, while you meet UTSA families, alumni and staff -- then join the Pep Rally at the Grand Hyatt at 7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 8
- 11:30 a.m. -- TAILGATING BEGINS
- Noon-4 p.m. -- ROADRUNNER STATION -- Battle of the Bands with student bands Mark Muniz and the Carter McKay Band, Lonely Horse, The Lost and Suckerpunch
- 1:30-4:30 p.m. -- ROWDY TOWN – pre-game festivities at the north plaza outside the Alamodome
- 2 p.m. -- SPIRIT WALK-- Team and band enter the Alamodome
- UTSA FOOTBALL GAMETIME 4:30 p.m.-- Doors open at 2:30 p.m. for students with tickets in hand (3 p.m. for students with UTSACard only and other fans) -- Wear your orange and blue to the Alamodome as the Roadrunners take on the South Alabama Jaguars!
How do I get tickets?
How do I get to the game?
- Transportation to and from the Alamodome from VIA park-and-ride sites starting at 1:30 p.m. with the last trip departing at 3:45 p.m.: UTSA Main Campus, Crossroads, Madla -- and the new location at Parkhills Baptist Church on U.S. 281 south of Loop 1604. The last buses back to the park-and-ride stops will depart the Alamodome 45 minutes after the game.
- At the Main Campus, park in lot 5 in any unmarked space (UTSA permit not required on game day). VIA buses depart from the UTSA Recreation Center.
- To speed up bus loading, buy park-and-ride tokens in advance at Roadrunner Express (University Center on Main Campus) or Durango Building activities center (Downtown Campus) -- $1.25 each way for students, $2.50 each way for general public. Without a token, exact change is required when boarding.
- Park at the Downtown Campus in any unmarked space (lots D3 and D4, UTSA permit not required on game day). Then, ride to the Alamodome using VIA from the Downtown Campus (board at the Durango Loop lot across from the Durango Building) -- 55 cents each way (students), $1.10 round trip; $2.20 round trip for general public. On your return trip, board an express route bus to "UTSA Downtown Campus." (You can use a "Yellow Route" bus, but it takes more time.)